THE UK’S BIGGEST EVER SPORTING YEAR – one 10K RACE – over 100 RUNNERS
EACH RAISING £300 TO SUPPORT WOMEN IN DRC
Be part of our 2012 Run for Congo Women team! Raise awareness and vital funds for women rebuilding their lives after the atrocities of war in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Join us by paying your £20 registration fee here.
100% of the money you raise will go directly to Women for Women International’s programmes in DRC.
WHY YOU NEED TO GET INVOLVED:
· The conflict has claimed over 5.4 million lives since 1998.
· Rape is used as a weapon of war - a recent study concluded that 48 women and girls are raped every hour.
“What I heard was so shocking that I am still trying to get over it, I’m not sure I ever will.”
Chris Jackson – Run for Congo Women Ambassador, listening to the story of Generose, Women for Women DRC participant.
You will raise funds to support women on our year-long training programme in DRC - equipping them with the skills and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency.
After the year-long training programme:
· Women earn 58% more as a result of business training and income generation activities. From $0.61 dollars on enrolment to $1.47 at graduation.
· Rights awareness has increased by 94%
· 93% of women report increased knowledge of stress management
Find further information about Women for Women International’s work in DRC on our website.
Find out more – email email@example.com or call 0207 922 7767