The keynote speaker JAN PRONK is former Development Minister of Netherlands, a Deputy Secretary General of UNCTAD and Assistant Secretary General of UN.
The Annual Erskine Childers Lecture 2012 is the 16th in a series of lectures which Uniting for Peace is presenting in memory of Erskine Childers, Author and UN Diplomat. The 2012 meeting will explore ideas, strategies and solutions for preserving peace and achieving a just and fair world, especially under these themes:
* The work of UN and its urgent reforms
* Peacekeeping and peacemaking solutions
* How to implement Responsibility to Protect doctrine
* How can the world be disarmed and demilitarised
* How to find ways for completion of Millennium Development Goals
Official Link: http://www.unitingforpeace.org