The first winner in a series of Summer of Love photo competitions wowed with stunning shots of Albert Bridge, sharing his submission on Instagram.
Chris Gregory won a luxurious overnight stay and breakfast for two at the London Marriot Hotel Kensington, as part of a partnership with Kensington and Chelsea Council and Marriott.
Runner up Laura Slater received brunch for two at the Marriott’s Cast Iron Bar and Grill, posting a sunny floral shot of the Ivy Chelsea Garden on Twitter.
Entrants were encouraged to share a snap of the places they love in Kensington and Chelsea to be in with a chance to win. Chris said: “Albert Bridge has always been one of my favourite places to visit in London. There really is something special about being by the river at dusk, strolling along Chelsea embankment with a view of the Albert Bridge. I always love taking photos when exploring London every weekend. I love capturing London from a different perspective, whether that be through reflections, puddles or depth. This spot has especially helped me cope during the pandemic, it has given space for breathing and almost forgetting where you are.”
The next competition featuring the new Wildlife Bingo in Holland Park to win a family ticket to the Museum of Brands, launches today (Friday 23 July). All you have to do is:
• download or print out the Wildlife Bingo sheet
• take a photo of the plants or animals you find in Holland Park and post,
• tag Kensington and Chelsea Council and Museum of Brands with #OurRBKC #KCSummerofLove on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. T&Cs apply.
Keep your eyes peeled for other competitions running across the summer with plenty more prizes up for grabs including:
• A two-course dinner and bottle of wine at Cast Iron Bar and Grill
• A three-course dinner for two at the Romulo Café
• A box of bakery treats from Romulo Café
• Dinner for two at the Copthorne Tara Hotel
• Prosecco for two at the Copthorne Tara Hotel
Local businesses are also offering exclusive discounts as part of the Summer of Love campaign, including the Copthorne Tara Hotel, Romulo Café, Japan House, Saint James Backpacking Hostel, Pink Tea Cafe and more. There will plenty to do for everyone across the summer, check out the Summer of Love virtual timetable which is jam-packed with activities to suit all ages and interests.