We (4 friends) visited Matsuri 06/25/2009 and unfortunately it was an unpleasant experience.
Most important: The food was way under par, ranging from a refrigerator cold starter (vegetable salad) to a completely overcooked teppan main course (lobster and seafood). The entire meal was completely without any taste whatsoever, everything was bland.
We all had the same set menu, but the waiter kept arbitrarily cleaning our "table", some were left with 2-3 empty bowls/plates in front of them as they had finished the course, but the waiter kept bringing new courses instead of clearing the table.
Value for money:
None whatsoever. we paid £100 pp and the food, service and ambiance was unfortunately worthless.
- Vegetable salad, julienne in a vinaigrette, refrigerator cold, tasteless
- Soup, served in a teapot, virtually tasteless
- Salad, mixed salad, with tasty vinaigrette (only tasty component in the entire meal)
- Sashimi, salmon, scallops, tuna. All from frozen fish, carelessly sliced, too thick, salmon not properly cleaned (the brown, unpleasant, fatty layer had not been removed). Served with wasabi and soy sauce, no ginger.
- Tempura, 4 slices of carrot, one aubergine (all tasteless) + one prawn - OK
- Teppan with asparagus, carrot, scallops, lobster, scampi and squid. All but the squid were overcooked and underseasoned.
- Fireball ice cream. Expected it to be spicy, it wasn't.
I visited the Matsuri some years ago and it was pretty good, now it has lost everything.
I apologize for any spelling mistakes as English is not my 1st language.