There’s nothing ordinary about the story of the post. From five-wheeled cycles and rockets to a lioness and flintlock pistols, the award-winning Postal Museum offers a surprising and entertaining half day out for all ages.
See a restored Mail Coach that thundered across 1800s Britain, get up close to the only existing sheets of the world’s first postage stamp, the Penny Black, and explore Mail Rail – one of London’s hidden gems – with a 15-minute ride through the underground tunnels of the Post Office’s own 100-year-old railway.
Forget what you think you know about the post and visit one of London's newest museums to discover just what it took to keep us all in touch.
• Take an underground train ride on the unique Mail Rail
• See the world's only sheets of Penny Black stamps
• Sort the mail on a mock-up train carriage with wobbly floor
• See a Victorian miniature rail car used by people and post!
• Discover iconic posters from a 1930s design revolution
• Admission tickets include a 15-minute ride on Mail Rail and access to all exhibitions
• Sorted! The Postal Play Space (for kids 0-8) is not included. Tickets may be purchased on arrival
• Annual entry to the Museum's exhibitions
• Downloadable audio guide. May be purchased on arrival. Own device and headphones required.