A jam-packed events programme ensures that St Katharine Docks is ready for a scorcher of a summer!
Londoners have a whole host of reasons to head down to St Katharine Docks this summer, as Central London’s only marina comes alive with an exciting programme of events.
The schedule guarantees something for everyone including the return of the popular floating film festival, water zorbing in the marina (yes, really!) and a giant screen dedicated to showing the best of the summer’s sporting highlights.
Summer at St Kats will run up until 29th September.
• Art Night – St Katharine Docks’ very own White Mulberries will be transformed into the bar of The Egg Eating Egret as part of renowned free contemporary arts festival, Art Night, which transforms London’s public spaces, secret venues and landmarks on 1st July. This year’s focus on the East End is in collaboration with the Whitechapel Gallery and independent curator Fatos Ustek.
• Summer Sports Screenings – The Docks is ensuring you catch the best of this summer’s sporting events by hosting a big screen between 3rd July – 13th August on the floating pontoon, with screenings including Wimbledon and the World Athletics Championships. Complete with deckchairs to sit back and relax in whilst watching the games and a host of places to buy food and drink, there’s no better place to watch sport this summer
• Floating Film Fortnight - The docks will be hosting a fortnight film festival on its floating pontoon 17th-30th July, screening the very best modern classics that cinema has to offer including Mean Girls, Skyfall, The Notebook, The Matrix, La La Land, The Dark Knight and Anchorman. Film showings start at 7pm as well as family screenings of Finding Dory, Beauty & The Beast, Moana and The Lego Batman Story on Saturday and Sunday starting at 2pm. Guests are invited to sit on bean bags and deckchairs and enjoy the films with snacks, cool craft beer and cocktails. Tickets are £10 and will be available from YPlan, with the full film programme available from the website.
• Zorbing For Fish’s Sake – Teaming up with Hubbub, St Katharine Docks will be hosting a fun day of zorbing on 3rd August, where visitors can go for a zorb or else learn about this fantastic campaign which is aiming to encourage London’s residents, commuters and tourists to stem the flow of litter into the River Thames #FFSLDN.
• Classic Boats Festival - St Katharine Docks will again provide its annual fun day for the entire family, by holding the Classic Boats Festival in association with Totally Thames Festival, a celebration of beautiful classic boats, alongside a range of waterside attractions on 9th – 10th September, 11am – 5pm. There will be live music family entertainment and open boat tours as well as classic street food.
• Feel Good Fridays – Kicking off the September weekends in the right way, the Docks will be hosting Feel Good Fridays on 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th September with each Friday focusing on a different genre of live music, in association with DiscMuseum, complemented by the weekly World Food Market which will be serving up everyone’s favourite street food.
Official Link: https://yplanapp.com/p/st-katharines-docks-4038