Tuesday 23rd January will see Volunteer Centre Hackney’s quarterly Volunteer fair take place from 5 – 7pm at Hackney Museum. The event will be aimed at encouraging local residents who want to give their time and skills to help charity organisations, to gain more information about the volunteer roles available to them.
Whether you have an hour a week or an hour a month, there are hundreds of ways for you to get involved in your community and give your spare time. From changing someone’s life for the better to just making someone smile, come to the Volunteer Centre Hackney Volunteer Fair and discover how to get involved and give you time.
Featuring an array of inspiring charities showcasing their opportunities, visitors will be given the chance to speak with Hackney’s diverse charities, potentially discovering new avenues of volunteering perfectly suited to their talents.
“There were a couple of roles that I'd love to get involved with. It was really nice to talk to people face to face, rather than an internet search. I came down with friends and I learned new things about the organisations." – Anna, previous Volunteer Fair visitor.
This free event will give those that work full or part-time the opportunity to come down after work. Whether people have an hour a week or an hour a month, VCH has a range of volunteer opportunities on offer ranging from befriending roles, to social media, marketing and other exciting projects. Come along and discover how you can help your community through volunteering.
Some of the charities that will be joining us on the day include:
• Abney Park is a lovely cemetary in stoke newington, one of the magnificant seven graveyards.
• ELATT is a charity working towards the education and training of young persons and adults in the skills essential for adult and working life, including information and communications technology.
• The Hoxton Trust works to build the skills, knowledge and confidence of our community so that together we can make Hoxton, Hackney and beyond a better place to live.
• London Borough of Hackney, Housing with Care
• Alzheimers Society is a charity that supports people with alzheimers and dementia and their dependants and families as well as working towards developing treatments and a cure.
• Xenia Women brings migrant, refugee, asylum-seeking & British women together for workshops that encourage English language learning in an environment which fosters fun and meaningful two-way social integration.
• Hackney Playbus is a mobile play and development project for young children and their families.
Phone: 020 7241 4443
To find out more about volunteering and how to get involved, visit vchackney.org, or follow Volunteer Centre Hackney on Twitter @VCHackney or on Facebook.
For more information and images, please contact Charlotte or Rupal E: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org T: 020 7241 4443
Volunteer Centre Hackney works with over 350 charities and community groups across Hackney, who are in need of valuable volunteers, who provide the core of their day-to-day activities.
Situated in the heart of Dalston, VCH’s aim is to encourage and develop the roles of volunteers within the community. In 2016 VCH helped over 1900 people to find out about volunteering, and placed 497 of these locally. By matching people to causes they are interested in, they hope to increase the spirit of community within Hackney.
VCH also delivers a number of specialised projects including Step Up, a volunteering programme which provides mentors to support people with mental health needs to move into volunteering and paid employ
Official Link: http://www.vchackney.org/website2017/more-organisations-confirmed-for-januarys-volunteer-fair/