To celebrate St Patrick’s Day on 17th of March, as part of its cultural and community programming, Wembley Park - the world-famous location, fast becoming the must-visit destination for North West London – is organising ‘Shamrock Sessions’, a family-friendly event filled with all things Irish: enjoy live music, traditional dance, comedy, storytelling and children’s activities hosted by Boxpark Wembley.
To celebrate the patron Saint of Ireland, Wembley Park has created a fully-fledged Irish themed programme:
• Kicking things off will be traditional live Irish band ‘The Shipsters’ from 4pm - 6pm. The band will be accompanied by Ceilidh-style dancers who will create a lively start to the evening.
• The main stage will be hosted by comedian, James Dowdeswell from 4pm – 6pm.
• Irish dance troupe, Scoil Rince Céim Óir, will have 15 jigging dancers fresh from the Irish Embassy live on the stage from 6pm - 7pm
• The Beat Box Stage will host a range of the best Irish stand-up comedians from 7pm – 8pm. The evening of laughter will begin with Jalarth Regan who is known for his multi-award winning global hit podcast ‘An Irishman Abroad’, followed by The Sunday Times’ ‘bright young talent’, Patrick Monahan. Star of Channel 4’s ‘Do the Right Thing’, Michael Legge, who is known for his infamous appearance at Edinburgh Festival in 2018, will round up the night.
• Boxpark Wembley will also host a range of family-friendly activities from face painting, balloon artists and crafts sessions for children from 4pm - 7pm.
• Enjoy food and drink from over 20 restaurants in Boxpark Wembley including Spice Shack, Zia Lucia and Tapa Vino with bespoke St Patrick’s Day menus across restaurants and the bars.
Official Link: http://wembleypark.com/shamrocksessions