Fujifilm’s ‘My Life’ exhibition featuring over 11,000 photos opens its doors this half term
24th to 27th October, 11am to 8pm
My Life, a photography exhibition from Fujifilm opens at the end of the month (24th – 27th October 2019). The exhibition will be one of the UKs largest ever crowd-sourced photography exhibitions. Over the last five months Fujifilm has invited people nationwide to submit their photos to build up a real picture of what life is like in 2019.
Fujifilm’s ambition has been to create one of the largest crowd-sourced photo exhibitions ever hosted in UK to show case cultures, relationships and realities, and from over 11,000 images submitted, it will provide a unique insight into our island. All the images centre around one of the following six categories.
1. My Everyday: What your world is when it comes to work and at home. From hanging around in your ‘Comfies’ to the canteen in the office.
2. My Fun: Everyone does something with their spare time, what do you do?
3. My Tribe: Relationships are important to everyone; people impact our lives in different ways and at different times and become our tribes.
4. My Surrounding: Our country is full of remarkable surroundings, what stands out to you?
5. My Truths: As the UK goes through a time of change, what is your reality and truth?
6. My Adventures: Anything can be an adventure. Going to new places, revisiting old haunts, or trying something a little different.
The ‘My Life’ exhibition will open on Thursday 24th October and will run until the Sunday 27th October at London’s Truman Brewery, situated between Brick Lane, Spitalfields and Shoreditch High Street. It will be open from 11am to 8pm every day, apart from Sunday, where the exhibition will close at 6pm.
The Exhibition will also be hosting a number of other exciting free events over the four days, including creative workshops on scrapbooking with photo prints and card making with instax prints, and street photography walks with Fujifilm experts.
Free creative workshops and street photography walks
One of the free street photography walks will put the new FUJIFILM X-A7, a compact and lightweight mirrorless digital camera, in the hands of participants. The walks will introduce people to the world of street photography, walking around the inspirational and creative hub of East London. The ninety-minute long walks will be led by professional Fujifilm photography specialists and at the end of the session, participants will be able to print out their favourite picture to take home – creating their own piece of art – as well as taking the memory card full of their images home.
Putting a twist on Street photography there will also be the opportunity to sign up to 90-minute long street photography walks where participants will get to walk the street with an instax instant camera – a chance to look at street photography a little differently, using real film and having to trust your eye to capture that one moment.
The instax and FUJIFILM X-A7 street photography walks, and the creative print workshops, are open to everyone and all ages, however, participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. These can be booked on the following link: http://fujifilmprintlife.eventbrite.com