To celebrate Easter, Wembley Park – North West London’s world-famous neighbourhood– is hosting a range of educational and entertaining, family-friendly activities across the live, work, shop and play destination.
A gigantic, immersive Dino-Easter Egg installation, celebrates the West End’s Dinosaur World Live production which opens at the new Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre this July 18 2019. The interactive Dino-Easter Egg will allow children and dinosaur-lovers to bound into the installation for a fun picture moment outside London Designer Outlet. The huge, 3 metre tall Egg’s base will be wrapped in dinosaur puns; think ‘Back from Eggstinction’, ‘Dip-LDO-docus’, ‘Jurassic Boxpark’, ‘St-EGG-osaurus?’. Stomp down to Wembley Park to take your selfie at the Dino-Easter Egg before the 29 April.
To put a spring in your step for Easter, Wembley Park has also created a jam-packed programme this April.
- The Yellow, the community centre in the heart of Wembley Park, will be hosting a range of classes and activities to appeal to everyone:
- Free Guitar Lessons on 16th April between 5pm-6:30pm for those who are keen to become a guitar hero. You will have the help of professional instructors to really rock’n’roll this season.
- AQ Arts Open Dance Training on 17th April between 7:30pm-10pm for £3 per person for ages 14 years+. Perfect your moves at the dance class with a difference.
- Learn French words and songs through fun and highly interactive games, stories, and arts and crafts at Les Petits Loups French Playgroup on the 18th April between 9:30am-10:30am.
- Discover World Music on the 18th April between 4pm-5pm . Experience different musical instruments, cultures, people, and tribes and be taken on a journey.
- Artists from a variety of backgrounds will be collaborating to present Social Step Up on the 20th April between 6pm-10pm. The evening will see events ranging from a salsa workshop to dance battles. For 18 years+, the evening will be filled with excitement; refreshments, prizes to be won, and DJ sessions until late.
- Boxpark Wembley, the largest Boxpark to date, will also be hosting a variety of events to keep you busy this Easter holiday:
- The Kids Film Club, with brilliant blockbuster films such as ‘Despicable Me’, ‘Incredibles 2’ and ‘Wreck it Ralph ‘2 to name a few from the 15th – 19th April in the Glowbox room.
- So Fresh So Clean 2 DA Stage: Talent Showcase return to Boxpark Wembley on the Beat Box Stage this 16th April between 3pm-6pm, presenting thevery best in local young talent. Expect singers, dancers, rappers, comedians, DJs, poets and more.
- So Fresh So Clean on the 18th April between 7pm-11pm looks back to classic hip-hop and R’n’B jams from the 90’s and 00’s, bringing old skool flavours from the USA to London.
- On 23rd April between 7pm – 11pm, Student Sessions: Headphone Party! will be calling all students to enjoy a headphone party like no other brought to you by V.A.S.T.T Events and JUKEBOX. Expect student drinks from £2.50 and a never before seen energy to revitalise your Tuesday night.
- GRL GNG (pronounced Girl Gang) is a platform aimed at aspiring and established female artists. GRL GNG is a movement, a way of life designed to inspire, uplift and push women to the forefront. It's all about sticking together and celebrating one another's talents no matter what background you're from. See new emerging female talent on 24th April between 7pm – 11pm on the Beatbox Stage.