Kebab Queen, the small chef’s table restaurant hidden within Maison Bab in Covent Garden has now reopened. Kebab Queen opened last year and it was designed to challenge perceptions of both kebabs and chef tables, offering a 6-course tasting menu prepped by Manu Canales in front of diners.
The 10 seater chef’s table restaurant is now open from Tuesday to Saturday for dinners from 7.30pm and it’s the perfect space for private dining and celebrations. Manu Canales' new tasting menu highlights include the Foie gras kebabito - buttermilk flatbread with lightly grilled foie gras and garnished with confit potato, date puree, raisins soaked in Grand Marnier, the Spit-roasted duck 'fesunjan' with pomegranate molasses and saffron gravy, walnut praline and a duck parfait stuffed lokma and the Carrot pain perdu with roasted carrot and orange puree, complex cream and a sabayon-enrobed roasted baby carrot.
Tasting Menu, changing quarterly.
- Canapé - Crispy chickpea poppadum, with beurre noisette hummus, spicy Iskender sauce and lamb condiment.
- Foie gras kebabito - buttermilk flatbread with lightly grilled foie gras. Garnished with confit potato, date puree, raisins soaked in Grand Marnier, sweet onions dressed with white balsamic vinegar and celery cress.
- Orkney isle scallops - mi-cuit Orkney isle scallops dressed with fish oil and sumac, sherry pickled carrot, harissa mayo, roasted couscous and chives.
- Monkfish shish with chicken - chicken skin grilled monkfish with a seared cabbage leaf, monkfish and chicken jus, spiced cauliflower puree, green chilli sauce, pickled red chillies, crispy chicken skin and monkfish liver.
- Spit-roasted duck 'fesunjan' - roasted crown of duck with pomegranate molasses and saffron gravy, walnut praline and a duck parfait stuffed lokma
- 150-day aged dairy cow - Ribeye (or sometimes rump) of dairy cow, with adana, rendered slaw, roasted red pepper sauce with baharat-spiced butter, roasted tenderstem broccoli with tahini and horseradish dressing and parsley oil.
- Carrot pain perdu;- with roasted carrot and orange puree, complex cream and a sabayon-enrobed roasted baby carrot.
Price: £70pp for six courses, with additional drinks pairing for £55pp