Website Creation Course For Artists, Filmmakers + Creatives SPACE, 129 - 131 Mare Street, London Location SPACE, 129 - 131 Mare Street, London E8 3RH
This event has passed
It was on Saturday 29th September 2012 to
Sunday 30th September 2012
See more Workshops & Talks Events
Where: SPACE, 129 - 131 Mare Street, London E8 3RH Nearest Station: London Fields Map: View location on a map Times: Saturday + Sunday 10:30 - 16:30 Admission: £175.00. Discounts available - see bookings page About the event: 2 Day Course
Dates: Saturday 29 + Sunday 30 September
Times: 10.30am to 4.30pm
Price: £175.00 - Discounts available
Internet publishing can appear to be rather daunting, but in fact is not difficult at all. There is very little you require to build a website and everything you need is available free on the Internet. In other words, you don't need to spend huge sums of money purchasing expensive software packages, programming manuals or web server space. You just need to know where to start.
On this course you will learn the fundamentals of setting up a website using both online web applications, such as Blogger, and free open-source web applications that are installed on servers, such as WordPress. In both cases content creation, management and publication is done online and in real time.
Working with a variety of media such as text, video, audio, photos and podcasts, you will learn how to create media rich websites that are both visually appealing, instantly searchable and easy to manage.
Day 1 will focus on using Blogger (www.blogger.com) an online 'blogging' platform and will cover in detail how to:
* create a website blogger
* create on-line photo galleries using Flickr
* tagging images in Flickr
* make rss and xml feeds
* create podcasts using odeo and podbean
* add videos and audio to your site
* add google analytics code to track the visitors to your sites
* editing / creating templates to define the look of your site
* using widgets to extend the functionality of your site
* tagging your bookmarks in del.icio.us and magnolia
Day 2 will concentrate on installing and using WordPress and will cover in detail:
* Downloading the wordpress software
* Installing wordpress on servers
* Configuring server using cpanel / plesk
* Configuring your wordpress site
* Layout and site presentation with Themes
* Template Code and how they work
* Content creation with posts and pages
* Using WordPress Plugins (extensions for the WordPress software that can extend the functionality of the Software)
* Populating your wordpress site with Content (text, video, audio, podcasts, images and slideshows)
Each student has their own workstation for the practical parts of the course and can discuss any specific areas of interest they may have towards the end of the day with the tutor.
0208 525 4330
email@example.com Official Link: http://www.spacestudios.org.uk/what... User Reviews
What's On disclaimer
Although we work hard to ensure that these details are accurate please contact the venue/event organiser to confirm details if you are visiting. We will not be held responsible for inaccuracies.