This is a review of Magnet Kensington. I have never used any other branch.
In order to be as subjective as possible I will simply list the facts. Others can then make their own mind up.
1. This magnet branch took around 5 months to finish my kitchen (and its not a big kitchen). Their original estimate was 1 week.
2. After around 2 weeks when they thought they had finished, I discovered they had wired an electric oven off the kitchen ring instead of the proper cooker supply.
3. They ran out of tiles twice. The first time the lead time on more tiles was 1 month and the second time about 2 weeks. When they came to finish the tiling the second time they rushed it and made a mess and so a third visit was required to retile parts of the kitchen.
4. They left live electrical terminals open at mains voltage for around 2 weeks after they had initially "finished".
5. They relocated the water stop tap in an "easy to access" position - behind the dishwasher.
6. After the first month, each time I phoned up the store with a new problem, I requested someone other than the original installer came to fix it. This request has been ignored on every occasion.
7. After they left, my dishwasher did not work. They refused to pay the repair fee and I was left to pay for this at my own expense..
8. The manager will not even discuss the issue of compensation with me.
9. They failed to lay floor tiles up to the kitchen door, originally leaving hallway carpet showing in the kitchen when the door was closed. They refused to fix this and I was left to fix a
t my own expense.
10. I will never use this branch of Magnet again.
To sum up:
1. The actual units and fittings are of good quality.
2. The bad points were due to installation people and what I consider very very poor customer service from the branch.