Toys from all eras and hailing from around the world are displayed at Pollock’s Toy Museum, such as china dolls, tin toys, puppets and teddy bears; there are also board games and detailed replicas of Victorian nurseries. The museum is located within two unrestored townhouses from the 18th and 19th centuries, joined together by a staircase. It is named after Benjamin Pollock, a toy theatre printer, however it was in fact founded in 1956 by a woman called Marguerite Fawdry, who decided to buy all of Pollock’s items after purchasing one toy for her son. The original museum was on Monmouth Street in Covent Garden, and it moved to its current premises in 1969. There are six floors of curios to be perused in total, along with a shop on the ground floor.
Admission is £5 for adults and £2 for children.