Free RAF aircraft tour taking place in London on the 6th July-9th July at Horse Guards Parade, London, SW1A 2AX.
Visitors will be able to get up close to a mixture of active, heritage and replica aircraft on display, all of which have played a major part in the RAF’s 100 year history and will do so moving forwards, including the new F35-B Lightning II – Britain’s new, state of the art stealth combat aircraft, that has just come into service.
The exhibition forms part of the RAF’s centenary celebrations which have been taking place across the country since April. The event will also have an interactive STEM zone, where attendees can experience VR simulations and pilot drones, while learning more about the RAF and its partners. Perfect for families looking for something to do in London over the weekend.
The event will be open to the public between 11:00am and 6:00pm across all four days.
• Visitors will enter through a queuing system and security check, but entry will be free
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
Aircraft on Display
• F35-B Lightning II – A full-size replica of Britain’s new, state of the art stealth combat aircraft
• Typhoon – The backbone of the Britain’s air attack capabilities
• Chinook – the distinctive twin-rotor helicopter
• Tornado GR4- the primary ground attack platform
• Meteor FR4- Britain’s first fighter jet, and the actual aircraft that set the world air speed record in 1946
• Dakota DC3- the Berlin Airlift Transporter
• Spitfire Mk16- a variant of the iconic Battle of Britain fighter
• BE2c- the classic First World War bomber biplane