Coal Drops Yard, the new Heatherwick Studio-designed shopping and restaurant district in London’s King’s Cross, presents Wild Winter Wellness; three weeks of outdoor and indoor conversations and classes to ignite and inspire both the body and mind.
Curated by well-tech studio BeBox, Wild Winter Wellness will offer immersive, impactful experiences to connect us with our inner-self, each other and the wild world around us.
Kicking off on ‘Blue Monday’ (21st January), the line-up – including creative studio Patternity, wellbeing and mindfulness experts Chris Connors and Dr Tamara Russell, ‘re-wilding’ coach Tony Riddle and motivational coach and Psychologies editor Suzy Greaves – will host a series of wellness and mindfulness talks, classes and activities to increase serotonin levels, enhance your mood and beat the winter blues.
Join an inspiring fireside talk, reinvigorate your body in an ice tub or skip the gym and re-connect with nature at one of Wild Winter Wellness’ outdoor classes. From re-wilding walks to morning tai chi, focus on your mental and physical wellbeing by embracing the outdoors and the benefits of cold therapy.
London-based cult fitness studio Frame will also be in Coal Drops Yard daily to host motivational classes including meditation runs and other mindful energising outdoor activities.
Proceeds from all events will go towards supporting New Horizon Youth Centre; a day centre working to help create positive futures for vulnerable, homeless or at risk young people.
Pre-book your space at any class or talk via Eventbrite.
Wild Winter Wellness Highlights:
Friday 25th January 2019, 1:00pm – 1:30pm
• Meditation Run: Fitness studio Frame host the first of seven meditation runs – a powerful mental and physical combination to help reduce anxiety and improve focus and concentration.
Saturday 26th January 2019, 11:00am – 1:00pm
• Re-wild & Re-child: Join ‘re-wilding’ coach Tony Riddle in a workshop focused on connectivity, resilience and play in natural environments.
Sunday 3rd February 2019, 2:00 – 4:00pm
• Mindful Marbling: Creative studio Patternity use marbling ink and water techniques to allow participants to reconnect with their creativity and enjoy an experience of mindfulness and energised focus.
Tuesday 5th February 2019, 6:30pm – 8:00pm
• Cyberdelics: Harnessing the power of VR and AR, Dr Tamara Russell and Jose Montemayor will guide you through a new evolution in mental health.
Wednesday 13th February 2019, 6:30pm – 7:15pm
• Sound Bathing Session: Wellbeing and mindfulness expert Chris Connors leads a healing sound bath session to reduce stress and relieve anxiety.
Saturday 16th February 2019, 11:00am – 1:00pm
• Coal Drops Yard Ice Challenge: Embrace the cold this winter and discover the mental and physical benefits of ice bathing. Let “re-wilding” coach Tony Riddle and his team guide you through breathing techniques and Wim Hof fundamentals before taking the icy plunge.
A full programme of events and activities is available online. Wild Winter Wellness features as part of an ongoing roster of activities and events conceived to foster collaboration and exploration. The curated events will enhance the range of experiences at Coal Drops Yard drawing on the engaging, thoughtful and eclectic nature of the people, products and spaces the area brings together.
Official Link: http://www.coaldropsyard.com/whats-on/wild-winter-wellness/