This school holiday let your kids be Heroes of the Future!
School holiday camp empowering children to code by exploring their own superhero skills
Cypher, a technology and education start-up, is hosting coding holiday camps throughout April in 3 locations across London, with an additional 3 pick-up points. Parents can drop their children off safe in the knowledge that they will learn vital skills in a fun and engaging way. The Heroes of the Future camp will enable girls and boys to go higher, further, faster - just like a super hero.
With prices starting from £165, activities include:
- Super powers - explore superheroes of the ancient world and find out what kid powers are superior to adults!
- Super Suit design - make your own Wonder Woman style smart-bracelets using conductive thread and LED’s
- Secret Identity - try out your hero mask in a live face-tracking interactive coding challenge
- Power up - use the BBC micro:bit to code an external LED ring with lights to make an Iron Man style arc reactor and learn about super exo-skeletons
- Super Hero Lamp - make a super bedside light in our Punkbox workshop and learn about reduce, reuse, recycle
When today’s school children leave university, they will be joining a radically different world of work. Futuristic technologies such as AI and robotics will be their reality. It is our generation’s responsibility to educate children on how to embrace these technologies, rather than be intimidated by them, and Cypher’s camps are doing just that.