£5 Tuesdays to Fridays and £7 for Weekender tickets. Book in advance or buy on the door.
About the event
The Institute of Imagination are opening a summer experience for families to tinker, experiment and play together. Mega Maker Lab is open all August for young inventors to explore. You can experience five creative zones with LEGO challenges, giant marble runs, tips from tech experts and collaborative art installations.
Included with entry:
Imagine and Play zone
Unleash your imaginations as a family with building activities and challenges.
- Try out a communal LEGO Build the Change challenge
- Create a giant collaborative sculpture using Stixx Machines to tightly twist paper into structural materials
- Add your course to a mega marble run to work with others to keep the ball rolling
Be inspired in this creative, focussed zone to come up with ideas to change the world.
- Get inspired by fun prompts to encourage you to think up ideas – anything goes no matter how whacky or bonkers!
- Explore the Invention studio with a showcase of other young inventors’ ideas
In the challenge zone there are three BIG challenges to take on.
- Tackle the wire making challenge and add creations from vehicles to buildings and people to Super Sky City, our mini-city in the sky
- Create you own bot using junk modelling materials, batteries and hobby motors or hack a bot we’ve already builder
- Bring your own recycling and use our Pedal Powered Plastic Shredder, kindly lent by the Whale Company The bicycle shredder was invented and created by the Whale Company and Singular Mars.
The arena is a maker space where you can create and protype your inventions.
- Try out junk modelling with up-cycled materials to create things that fly or move, test them out, find out what works and what needs upgrading and learn all about prototyping.
- Test your inventions with wind machines, Freewheeling ramps, flight spaces, race spaces and more.
At the tools station you can try out tools in a safe space to bring ideas and inventions to life or get help from experts if you need tools you’ve never used before. Glue guns, screwdrivers, hobby motors, LEDs and more can be used or checked out so you can get your creations moving.
There will also be a pop-up show and tell area where you can get tips from experts and share your ideas. At our Weekenders, there will be even more activities in the show and tell space.
Official Link: https://ioi.london/event/mega-maker-lab-weekday/