Air China presents The Land of Luck:
Bringing Londoners good fortune in celebration of the Year of The Pig
• This February Air China will bring the fortuitous nature of the Year of The Pig to the heart of London
• The Land of Luck is inspired by Air China’s new Land Your Dream Campaign, designed to inspire Brits to make their dreams a reality with Air China
• There will be a range of experiences designed to increase your fortune from tying Lucky Knots to taking part in a Lucky Dip to win Air China gifts
• Guests will be treated to an exclusive insight into the hidden gems and rituals of China
On the 9th February from 11.30am – 9.30pm, Air China invites you to celebrate the Year of the Pig by visiting the Land of Luck, inspired by Air China’s Land Your Dream Campaign, at The Bargehouse on London’s Southbank. This multi-layered experience will give guests a glimpse of the magical land of China, offering a range of activities that will help you Up Your Luck and improve the chance of landing all your hopes and dreams for the year.
As you enter the experience through the Air China check-in desks, you will be transported into a land of unexpected beauty and opportunity, but, most importantly, luck. Everything within the Land of Luck is designed to create and curate prosperity, drawing on long held Chinese traditions to offer unique fortune filling experiences.
A highlight of the Land of Luck is The Lucky Banquet Hall, where you will be surprised and delighted by the experiences on offer:
• The Lucky Menu – a carefully crafted menu offering a range of Chinese delicacies that include vegetarian and vegan options, prepared by chef Ching He Huang. You can choose from a series of dishes that include: Longevity Noodles, Wealth-lings (Dumplings) and Rolls of Abundance (Spring Rolls), Flavoured Prosperity (Fish) and Good Fortune Fruit (Apples and Clementines)
• The Lucky Wall – throughout the Land of Luck discover the hidden symbols to up your luck and see if you have been successful by choosing a red envelope that could contain an Air China gift
• Lucky Knots - learn how to create one of China’s best-known charms to bring you blessings, especially when shared with a friend
• The Lion Dance - the Land of Luck culminates with a dance that is over 2,000 years old. Performed at key calendar celebration, the Lion is a symbol of power, wisdom and the dance is designed to chase away evil spirits while interacting with the guests and bring about good luck!
The Land of Luck, as well as cultivating fortune, allows you to experience the wonders of China, stepping into a world of hidden gems to see and feel some unexplored wonders of this extra-ordinary country. Begin by exploring the replica of the ghost village Houtouwan, marveling at the mystery behind the abandoned houses, before taking a seat for a moment for reflection, and maybe a selfie, on a quiet bench. No moment to yourself in China is complete without experiencing the majestic powers of tea and the rituals that accompany drinking. Tea expert and star of Air China’s ‘Land Your Dream’ video, Lera Zujeva will be on hand to provide an intimate Tea Ritual Masterclass to enable you to increase mindfulness and achieve balance throughout your day.
You will then move through to walk over the bridges of the achingly romantic Zhouzhuang, (the Venice of the East), where the immersive visual technology will allow you to feel as though you are right by the canals. On entrance to this room, you will have the chance to manifest your wishes for 2019, by writing them on a beautiful tag that can be attached to the breathtaking Wishing Tree that will be waiting for you as you ascend the bridge.
Jingjie Li, General Manager, Air China UK commented: “Air China has been operating UK routes for more than 30 years and has a long-held commitment to the successful operative of flights out of the UK."
Land of Luck
This event ended on Saturday 9th of February 2019
The Bargehouse, Oxo Tower Wharf, Barge House Street, London
Blackfriars 0.30 milesWebsite
Air China presents The Land of Luck: