In association with Totally Thames Festival, The Classic Boat Festival is a 3-day celebration of beautiful vintage boats taking place from 6th – 8th September. Now in its 11th year, the 2019 festival will be bigger and better than ever before.
With over 40 vintage sailing and motor boats to view and explore, the Festival lets visitors chat to the boat owners and even climb on board the vessels including a number of the Dunkirk Little Ships.
In addition to the boats, St. Katharine Docks has an exciting line-up of events and internationally inspired food and drink offerings to try. Expect waterside activities, live music and an array of children’s activities at this annual fun day for the entire family.
- Classic Boats: Climb on-board and explore around 40 vintage work boats and sailing and motor yachts including Little Dunkirk Ships and many others. 11am-6pm daily.
- Lady Daphne Tours on the Thames: a tour of the Thames unlike any other, going under Tower Bridge.
- Stand Up Paddleboard Taster Sessions: Get on the water with the team from Paddleboarding London and learn to SUP!
- MYO (Make Your Own): Hosting free adult craft workshops including lino cutting, flag sewing or illustration.
- Kids Club: Embark on a treasure hunt to find hidden signal flags and use the code to spell a word and fill in your activity sheet. The prize? A model boat kit and a manned craft tent in which to decorate and build it.
- SKD Talks
- Live Music from the Royal Marines Band Collingwood (Fri), the Barnet Hill Lifeboat Crew Shanty Singers (Sat) and the Thames Youth Jazz Orchestra (Sun)
- Street food from KERB
This event is part of Totally Thames 2019 that runs from 1-30 September.