Clissold Park first opened to the public in 1889. It had previously been a private country estate, home to Clissold House, a Grade II listed mansion which was built for anti-slavery campaigner Jonathan Hoare. The building has been restored to its 18th century glory, and the interior features grand spiral staircases and marble fireplaces; the house is only open for special events, but is a popular venue for weddings. The café on the premises is open to the public every day of the week however. Meanwhile the park has amenities to keep the younger members of the family entertained, like a paddling pool and a butterfly dome, both of which open in the summer months. Additionally there are tennis courts, a table tennis table and dog free areas. Clissold Park has a Green Flag award, which recognises it as being among the best maintained parks in the country.
Clissold Park & House
Off Church Street/Green Lanes , N16 9HJ
Clissold Park & House Picture Gallery
There are no user reviews